The Comments page shows you all image comments you have received. There are three submenus (two if you are not using Akismet Spam Filter) to group the comments in a clear way.
Here you see a list of all published comments. These comments show up on your image page/comment window.
If you have set some or all comments "to moderation queue" this is the place where you see them.
If you are using Akismet, this submenu is shown. Here you find the comments flagged as spam by Akismet awaiting your approval.
Which buttons are shown depends on the submenu page you are on.
- You find buttons for the checkboxes beneath each comment: of course you can check them one by one but for your convenience you can check/uncheck all comments on this page or invert the selection.
- Report Spam will delete all checked comments and save the IP addresses of the comments into the Black List (see it on Options Spam Control page).
Comments submenu only:
- Add to moderation queue will move the checked comments from the Comments list in this submenu to the list of moderated comments (submenu "Awaiting Moderation"). They don't show up on the image page anymore.
Moderation Submenu only:
- Publish selected will release these comments for public. They will not show up in the moderation queue anymore but are moved to the Comments list. They are now shown on the image page.
Comments and Moderation Subemnu:
- Report as Spam to Akismet shows up if you have the Akismet addon on and assigned a valid wordpress key. This button will send all the comment information to the Akismet database, teaching Akismet that this one is spam. Next time Akismet should know better.//
Reported Comments will be moved to the Akismet queue and stored until they become deleted (manually or after the time you have set).
Akismet Subemnu only:
- Report as NOT Spam to Akismet sends all the comment information to the Akismet database, teaching Akismet that this one is no spam at all. Next time Akismet should know better.
Reported as NOT spam comments will not show up in the Akismet queue anymore but are moved to the Comments list. They are now shown on the image page.
The comments list provides you with the complete information of each comment. You find Name, Email, Comment, Image name, Comment date and time and IP address.
- Delete will irrevocably delete this single comment after you have confirmed it.
Comments per page
At the end of this page you can change the number of comments per page. This information is stored in a browser cookie and is lost after closing the browser window.