Upgrading to the latest version of Pixelpost is now smooth and easy with the new install assistant. It is self-explanatory and is done within one minute.
It works with all Pixelpost installations, no matter which version you are using.
Thanks to our team member Dave for all of his great work on this! (Sorry, but this must be said)
How do I Upgrade?
- First, make a backup of your actual Pixelpost installation:
- download all the files on your server and store them in a cool and dry place.
- go into your MySQL Administration, locate your Pixelpost tables and find the button "export".
<- See the screenshot for the recommended settings and save the sql file.
- Download Pixelpost by clicking on the "Download" link located on our home page.
- Unzip the Pixelpost package.
- Upload it to your server but not the folders "images" and "thumbnails"!!!
- Don't delete the old Pixelpost files, just overwrite them.
- Make sure that the file pixelpost.php is still within the includes folder and the correct database login is there.
- If you use a special template, make sure that the folder of your template is still in place after uploading.
- Open the addons folder and delete the following Addon files in the root addons folder:
(they moved to the addons/_akismet folder where they must not be deleted!)
(this isn't used anymore)
- Open your browser and go to the following address:
Tip: If you see the "Installation" screen instead of the "Upgrade" screen, the configuration file pixelpost.php may have been damaged or removed. Get it from your files backup, check the database login and re-upload it into the "includes" folder.
- Follow the instructions provided on screen and enjoy photoblogging with Pixelpost!
Upgrade Welcome Screen
Pixelpost knows that the database has to be upgraded now. You can select your favorite language here.
Press the button "Begin Upgrade".
Done! Pixelpost is now ready for working with the latest version.
If you are using third party addons in your Pixelpost installation, they are turned off by default because we can not guarantee that they will work properly with the latest version. Pixelpost default Addons are turned on according to your settings before upgrade.
Go to your Admin Panel and turn them on one by one, checking if everything works ok.
After the Upgrade procedure you are directed to the login screen of your Admin Panel. You can now login and continue photoblogging.
Don't forget to check out all the new exciting features!