View Full Version : another log in problem...Undefined variable: PHP_SELF
08-02-2005, 11:54 PM
i must be doing something wrong so here is what i did.
1. install easyphp
2. unzip pixelpost in easyphp /www directory
3. go to easyphp admin, phpmyadmin create a mysql table named "test"
4. edit pixelpost.php and with in order localhost,root,root,test
5. browse to http://localhost/pixelpost/admin/install.php
i get already various errors then:
Notice: Undefined index: x in d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\includes\12cropimageinc.php on line 30
Notice: Undefined index: x in d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\admin\index.php on line 64
Notice: Undefined index: x in d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\admin\index.php on line 123
Notice: Undefined index: x in d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\admin\index.php on line 135
Notice: Undefined index: x in d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\includes\12cropimageincscripts.php on line 30
Notice: Undefined index: view in d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\includes\12cropimageincscripts.php on line 30
=== but i seem to be able to create a login
the login error:
You don't have permission to access /pixelpost/admin/<br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in <b>d:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\pixelpost\admin\index.php</b> on line <b>206</b><br /> on this server.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED :lol:
08-03-2005, 01:52 AM
1. Right click on the EasyPHP toolbar icon, and choose Configuration>>PHP
2. Search the config file for "display_errors = On" and change it to "display_errors = Off".
3. Save, close and try again.
Also I noticed you didn't say you made the images or thumbnails directories. To anticipate your next support question, in the pixelpost directory you need to make two folders, "images" and "thumbnails".
08-03-2005, 06:39 AM
1. images and thumbnails dir were created in pixelpost dir (i forgot to mention it)
2. i can't choose configuration>php , it is greyed out (my servers are ok, 2 green lights)
08-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Go to C:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-8\conf_files and edit php.ini. Find line, replace as above.
Edit: I noticed you're using the previous version to me. Update your copy of EasyPHP and then check the configuration menu again.
08-03-2005, 07:15 AM
curiously easyphp 1.8 is not working here.
the install completes ok but i launch it, it freezes without being able to run the servers (orange lights)
easyphp 1.7 works as a charm
i got an easyphp.ini in my version but no "display_errors" entry.
i do not think than displaying or not the errors will help (?)
i think something fails the index.php or the database is not set accordingly
i should not have errors when running install.php
08-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Trust me, I'm a professional 8)
Somewhere in your easyphp directory is a file called php.ini. There might be more than one. In that file change the display errors option to false and everything will work. If there is more than one change it in all of them. You may need to restart the apache server after you've made the change too.
i should not have errors when running install.php
Actually you should, but they are notices of unset variables, not full errors. I could go in to the technical reasons behind what and why this is happening but you really don't want that.
08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
it's working i should have trusted you :)
but i now have a few questions :
1. thumbnails are not generated (i can't see them in section images in the admin) and do not appear in the gallery. clicking re-generate thumbnails does nothing at all. And my thumbnails dir exists but is empty.
2. how to make images posted always the same size. is it possible? let's say i'm uploading a 3500x2300 image and then a 1024x768 image and i want both to appear with 600 max width in the gallery, do i have to resize them before uploading, can't i tell PP to resize all uploads automatically?
3. can i edit english words for navigation somewhere (home, browse,...) to change them to french?
4. i have two images, clicking the fist goes to the second but then clicking the second does not return to the first (seems to reload itself)
5. i guess there are a few plugins and templates available, where can i find them ?
i hope not to bother you too much :P , i was looking for the same type of gallery display as a friend of mine who has a beautiful gallery on Movable type (but far too complicated to set up for me...) and PP seems to do the job.
his gallery : http://www.chromasia.com
08-03-2005, 08:28 AM
1. If you can, go to EasyPHP>>Configuration>>PHP Extention and check php_gd2. If you can't do that then edit the php.ini file and look for ";extension=php_gd2.dll" and change it to "extension=php_gd2.dll" (remove the semicolon at the begining).
2. This feature isn't in pixelpost. There might be a plugin for it though.
3. Go to Pixelpost admin >> Options >> Template and you'll see an option to change the language file.
4. Clicking the image goes to the next one, not back and forth.
08-03-2005, 08:46 AM
thanks a lot ! :D
1. worked (checking in php extensions)
2. a plugin exists on the link you gave but the exif data are lost :? it's better to resize manually, images need post processiong anyway.
3. worked, other english words can be changed normally by editing the html template files.
4. is it possible to upload multiple file at once ? i tried to put manually images in the folder but they do not appear in the admin image section :cry:
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM
4. the copy_folder addon works to import multiple images at once. And you can regenerate thumbnails. the only drawback is that all the images go to the "default" category, if you wanted them let's say in "macro" you have to edit all posts separately to change the category which may take the same time than uplaoding each separate file to the right category.
Is there a way to change the destination category in the copy_folder.php (even if it will need to be changed and resaved prior to each bach upload session)
08-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Standardsize of images:
it is always better to resize the images before the uploading
you can upload an image, let's say 2400 x 1600 and you want to show it in the size 1200 x 800 or 600 x 400
it would work because if the <IMG>-Tag sets the width to a certain size and height as well, the browser would resize the image automatically to that size
BUT: the file-size will be very big, the browsers have to load the big file and the bandwith-use will be very high
there is an AddON "autoresize" but I do not know if it's already released or not
the best is always:
resize it before uploading, avoid "safe for web" in PHotoshop not to loose EXIF, and upload the resized image
you could even batch-resize locally before uploading
you will safe storage-place, bandwidth and satisfied site visitors :wink:
08-04-2005, 12:17 PM
thanks for your answer
i get back to my point n°4 if i may. is there a way to simplify the multiple upload process ?
let's say I have 4 categories called 1,2,3,4.
so i want to upload:
5 pics in 1
9 pics in 2
2 pics in 3
12 pics in 4
is there an easier way that uploading each photo separately to the right category ?
08-04-2005, 12:46 PM
in the moment the copyfolder-addon just loads a bunch of images into Pixelpost.
It uses the image-name as title etc.
you must regenerate the thumbnails, go through all the images and change date, category etc.
what you want could be very useful, it could be new functionality in that copyfolder-addon to define which category should be set...
08-08-2005, 06:39 AM
i have a /images and /thumbnails dir on my ftp but i can't chmod them to 777 (700 is the max), is this my problem ?
I think, you are on a free host?
this could be a problem because very often free hoster do restrict the use because of security
they offer something limited but don't ask to be paid for that
you need permissions >700 to create, copy, move, rename etc. files
that's the mechanic of PixelPost
can you ask the hoster to give you more permission on the images- and the thumbnails-folder?
if they don't I suggest to move to another hoster..
01-12-2006, 10:53 PM
i need some help !
i've exactly the same problem as Cybercap ! So i tried to do as you said Riken... Always the same problem.
I have installed easyphp 1.8. In the config file there was yet "display_errors=off" (grate !).
I've created the tables in the database "test".
I've modified the pixelpost.php file.
I've created the directories "images" and "thumbnails"...
And i have still the same answers.
- When i try to log in through the "Web local" (french version !) of my Easyphp toolbar icon (http://127.0.0.1/pixelpost_1.4.3/) : "Coming Soon! Nothing to show. No image to show here!".
- When i try log in through http://localhost/pixelpost_1.4.3/admin/install.php : "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /pixelpost_1.4.3/admin/<br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in <b>c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/pixelpost_1.4.3/admin/index.php</b> on line <b>205</b><br /> on this server.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at localhost Port 80
I tried 4 or 5 times... what can i do now ? Is it easier on line, on a real server ? I'd like to use PP ! Realy !
Excuse my poor english. I post from Britany, in France.
Going to your second example - this means that you dont have display_errors=off!!
Notice shows up when error_reporting is set to other value then 0.
Try to put:
to first empty line of /admin/index.php after <? marks.
01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Thank you very much ! I think you put me in the right way...
I did what you said and there is no errors reports now.
I still have "Coming Soon! Nothing to show. No image to show here!" when i try to enter my local web page through the Easyphp toolbar icon. But I guess it's normal, i have not put any photo yet !
When i try to log in through http://localhost/pixelpost/admin/install.php (i've changed the name directory of "pixelpost_1.4.3" in "pixelpost"), I write my username, my password and i click on Login. Nothing happen, or i get a white page (when i try with an other username i get "Username or Password Incorrect" ; i think it's normal too !).
Now, how can i log in the admin "interface" (i don't know the word in english !). Step by step i'll be ready soon !! Am i really alone with those sorts of problems ?! ;-)
Check if your local server set cookie at your browser after login.
01-14-2006, 07:20 PM
it's perhaps a problem of cookie ! Yes, yes, yes... what can i do for this. I tried to change my browser configuration, accepting all the cookies. No changement... hum, hum, hum... I'll try to read something abaout that in the forum.
Thank you for your help... if you have 2 or 3 minuts yet ? ;-))
But setting browser to accept cookies is not the same as checking if browser gets cookie from server!!
01-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Of course... i don't know. I think pp is not made for me. I'll try coppermine ?
Thanks for all
Try yo upload it to test dir on some external (linux or windows) server and then test our application.
Probably problem is in configuration of your servers not in PixelPost and this depends from you not from quality of our software.
01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey, don't make a mistake GEOS i don't say ppis not a good software ! I've seen photoblogs made with it, they're what i wanted ! So i don't say pp is an old story for me ! I have to know more about PHP and Database, but it's a long way ! In french we use to say "Rome ne s'est pas faite en 1 jour"...
I'll be back.
"Rome ne s'est pas faite en 1 jour"
Rome is not build in one day. (??)
01-15-2006, 02:51 PM
yeah coppermine is more easily set up as it is in Fantastico already.
"Rome is not build in one day." makes sense to me. it says the big rome (pixelpost) installation needs more preparations (more than a day).
btw, PP install is quite easy. mabye today is not a good day for you. take some relaxations. check the mimimum requirements (http://www.raminia.com/ppwiki/index.php/What_are_system_requirements%3F), check your PHP and MySQL version.
As you were trying to install PP 1.4.x:
If it's PHP 4.4.1 or PHP 5.1 you could have problems. Also with MySQL 5 there might be some issues. try PP 1.5Beta (or higher if become available) then.
Anyhow, good luck :)
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
That's it Raminia !
I think... you teach me how to use pp and i teach you one typical french sentence a day !! Ok, just a joke !
01-16-2006, 03:49 AM
FWIW - never install Coppermine from Fantastico. Coppermine in Fantastico is broken, old and insecure
vBulletin® v3.7.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.