View Full Version : Centering table containing image...
10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I've been messing about with this for a number of days now (after upgrading to 1.4.2, after getting a *lot* of referrer spam).
It's probably very simple but I'm trying to centre the table containing my image and the image description/comments and calender. There seems to be something I can't identify in the HTML or style sheet pushing the table about 10 pixels to the right... have a look at http://www.doodleblog.co.uk
Any help would be much appreciated.
10-20-2005, 12:07 PM
I checked your HTML with the validator and there are 38 errors.. so no wonder that CSS is also not validating ok
it starts that you use " in the value of meta-declarations, that is absolute wrong!!!!
what kind of description is this:<meta http-equiv="content-type" name="description" content="Doodleblog-PhotoBlog: Ubu dances, "... Some dancers naturally like earth, and the moment they start working on earth, they love it, they go with their whole body. But others think, 'Ooo, earth is dirty', and they're scared of it. I like this sort of thing."
line breaks, " and so on ...
and what is this????
<td width="554" height="403"><a href="file:///private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/AdapterTemp/Illustrated%20History/doodleblog/templates/pixelpost-light/index.php?showimage=42"><img id="image2" src="images/20050922213025_050031.jpg" alt="Ubu dances" title="Ubu with head" width="554" height="403" /></a></td>
references to local files in the temp directory ... ... :confused:
sorry. everything is so messed I wonder how you get a relatively normal output ??? you should clean the code absolutely
otherwise no solution... :mad:
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Erm... yes, I don't know quite what was going on there myself, or for that matter how it was working...
New, clean (I think) page in place, but I can't work out what's happened to the referrer page (which I'm quite prepared to disable) and I still can't align the table to everything else.
10-20-2005, 02:21 PM
1) from our pixelpost-tag-list:
!! if you do not want to have a referer-log at your PixelPost-Installation,
!! don't use this template anymore and also do not use <SITE_REFLINK> in your
!! image_template.html anymore:
!! referer_template.html || refererlog
take that off from your image-template.html
2) still 8 errors, before you clean that, I am sure CSS will not work, so check out that "stand-alone-tags" are closed with /> and not only with >
3) you have "left-margin.gif" beside your image to the left and "right-margin.gif" to the right, one is 15 pixel and one is 25 pixel width , so what...
10-20-2005, 03:32 PM
1. Got rid of referrer nonsense, didn't fancy adapting a new template so I just deleted the link.
2. Still getting a one validation error, something to do with the comments form, obviously I didn't write the code for this and I don't know what it's about... Any pointers would be gratefully received.
Error Line 103 column 96: document type does not allow element "form" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "ins", "del" start-tag.
3. I didn't say I wanted the image centering in the table but that I wanted the table centering in relation to the other elements (calender, description and comments). The design within the table is clearly meant to be asymmetric.
The solution on the site now (having the description box bigger than the table but centred) will do.
10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
<form method='post' action='index.php?x=save_comment' name='commentform' accept-charset='UTF-8'/>
the error is that you closed the form like a standalone-tag, but <form ...> is closed by </form>
so it must be:
<form method='post' action='index.php?x=save_comment' name='commentform' accept-charset='UTF-8' >
and don't forget to close the form here after this line:
<input type='hidden' name='parent_name' value='20050922213025_050031.jpg' />
vBulletin® v3.7.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.