View Full Version : Help with starting
11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
This is what I want for my picytures,I have worked/work in Frontpage until now and frankly have no idea how to start with .php.Can anyome help me on the way.I have worked in html-codes, but amnot vey good in it ( yet)
So where to start and what to door where to find the steps to get started,
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Installation Guide (v1.6): http://www.pixelpost.org/docs/GettingStarted/Install?userlang=en
and do NOT edit any template files with Frontpage please!
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks you, I found that, but I have no idea which programm to start with,
11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
5 Steps to start with Pixelpost:
1) webspace which supports PHP and MySQL
2) an Internet Browser like InternetExplorer or Firefox
3) an FTP program like WS_FTP or Filezilla
4) a text editor like Notepad which comes with windows
1) look up your database login data (usually given per email by your hosting provider)
create a database in your web hosting account and note the login data for that
2) open the file pixelpost.php with a text editor (built in Notepad of Windows will be fine) and enter the database login data as shown in http://www.pixelpost.org/docs/GettingStarted/Install
3) open your FTP program, connect to your server (FTP login data should be given by your hosting provider too)
4) upload all pixelpost files and folders to your server (docs folder is not necessary). You can create a folder by any name (photoblog for example) before and upload Pixelpost there.
If there is an index.html file in the (root) directory where you upload the pixelpost files, remove or rename it.
5) open your browser and go to http://yourdomain.com/(yourpixelpostfolder/)admin/install.php and follow the onscreen instructions.
11-26-2007, 02:07 AM
TXS, this really helps,now I think I can manage, I let you know,
vBulletin® v3.7.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.