||01-02-2009 05:36 PM
JPG Magazine is shutting down
Sad day for photographers: http://jpgmag.com/blog/#000611
The website will shut down on Monday, 1/5/2009. They recommend you do the following, if you are so inclined:
We wish we could have found a way to leave the site running for the benefit of the amazing folks who have made JPG what it is, and we have spent sleepless nights trying to figure something out, all to no avail. Some things you may want to do before the site closes:
- Download the PDFs of back issues, outtakes, and photo challenge selections. We'll always have the memories!
- Make note of your favorite photographers. You may want to flip through your favorites list and jot down names and URLs of some of the people you'd like to stay in touch with. You may even want to cut and paste your contacts page into a personal record.
- Catch up with your fellow members. Our roots are in this humble flickr forum and we recommend going back to find fellow members, discuss the situation, or participate in another great photo community.
- Keep in touch. This has always been much more than just a job to each of us, and we'll miss you guys! We'll be checking the account jpgletters |@| gmail.com in our free time going forward. We can't promise to reply to every email (since we'll be busy tuning up our resumes) but we'd love to hear from you.
- Stay posted. Although the magazine is ceasing publication, we'll be updating you on what's happening with your subscription early next week.
||01-02-2009 06:17 PM
Oh my word! That is indeed sad news! I've been a subscriber since 2006, and have enjoyed each one! You'd think they could simply down-scale the operation, or simply turn it into a webzine. Either way, I'll definitely miss it.
||01-03-2009 12:12 PM
It looks like it may not be over for JPG Magazine just yet. From their blog, both dated yesterday:
A Glimmer of Hope
And a website called Save JPG
Looks like a few buyers stepped up yesterday after it was announced that it was shutting down. There may be hope of saving it yet. ;)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 08:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.