PP is the best ;=)
we as developers cannot tell you what is better
but I think there are some points to keep in mind:
- which product has the most active community?
to get support etc.
- which product has more than one developer?
not to depend on one person for further development and upgrades
- which product is absolute utf-8-compatible? (PP is...)
- which product has the best separation between programm and layout?
PP has a complete separation, using templates for frontend and language-files for frontend and admin-section
- which product is updated regularly to react to security issues?
PP is in constant upgrade / development concerning safety issues
- which product is the most easy to use for administration, but flexible
- which product is the most easy to use for users (dummies)
- do you need more than one user?
- do you want a community tool or a photoblog for one user?
these are questions which can be "run" against many programs, but I think PP is a good choice ;=)
I remember that Folderblog does not have so much options and when I tested it (but this is more than one year ago) it had no UTF-8-option for safe character encoding, but what is one year in software cicles?