Mod: Selective Crop for Thumbs
I've integrated a great tool for cropping images with the Pixelpost's crop thumbnail option in admin menu. When the cropping option is on, Pixelpost 1.3 crops images from top-left point with a specified width/height and then shrinks them to thumbnails. In this way, you may lose center of attention of the photo in the thumbnail. But this modification allows you to crop your photos selectively before creating thumbnails.
This became posssible with the help of a great open source script for croping images online: http://12cropimage.roelmeurders.com/
If you don't have a clear clue about what it does, take a look at its online demo and see the awsome results.
12CropImage Demo: http://misc.roelmeurders.com/demo/12cropimage/
This modification in admin/index.php is now in the testing phase and if you are willing to test it please PM me and I'll send you the link for download.
I'm using this on my photoblog admin section and this is a snapshot of the modification :
UPDATE: (with a high possiblity this modification will be included in the next version of pixelpost.)
ok I think it's now in a stable condition with slight known bugs.
You can download it from
and test it and report the unknown bugs
0) First, don't forget to backup you admin/index.php file.
1) extract three files of the *.zip file to the admin folder and make sure to replace the admin/index.php file of yours with this new admin/index.php
2) To enable it, go to Admin>>Option menu in the "Crop thumbnails?" section select '12c' which referes to 12cropimage in the drop box.
3) Upload a new Image and when it is uploaded, it shows the image but it does not create thumbnail untill you press the crop button. Yes! 3 buttons added and they are shown as "crop" "+" and "-".
You can enlarge the back/white crop windows or make it smaller by pressing + and - buttons. in addtion you can move the crop window accros your image and decide where to put the crop frame.
4) when you finished with the adjustment of crop window size and placement, press crop and you're done!
5) good luck and report bugs please
1) It has problem with small images. actually images with size smaller than the specified thumbnail size in the admin>>option menu.