it is not good to praise yourself...
I know, I know
I want to thank everybody of our users and our team who submit great ideas, AddOns, language files, templates to Pixelpost
Because the quality of an application depends on so many things and I am so frustrated in the moment...
frustrated by one of the giants of CMS, by JOOMLA
- components do not follow any styleguides, don't bring languagefiles or don't use variables from the language files
- there are around 1700 templates out there, and which one is userfriendly? A horror of design and readability
- even the templates which come with the package don't validate in HTML (more than 10 errors in rhuk_solarflare_ii, which is produced by a company, rocketthemes.com, which sells templates as well!)
- the templates are mostly big table deseasters
- the CSS is so shitty, that you cannot identify item-CSS-property using webdeveloper extension's "View CSS Style" feature because the statusline is too short for that big bump of shit...
I try to build a 4-language-Joomla-site for friends and I was totally lost in the russian version until I found out, that this genious who delivered the russian language file translated around 10% of the content and erased the rest of it, so you had no output at all, just some lonely points and commas... ..
Why I tell you that?
Because I feel it is necessary to compare our small appliation Pixelpost, which is done by enthusiasts and not professionals, with other opensource-applications, which are spread worldwide...
and because I do not understand that the users of that application accept this level...
If I were a member of the devteam there, I would sit in a corner, ashamed because of that bad front-end quality... even when the motor is working great, the frontend is important as well...
uff, I had to write this, I am so furious and frustrated on JOOMLA !
Have to agree with you there! Some of the Joomla templates, even the paid ones dont work without considerable effort let alone validate.
Pixelpost is a testament to the efforts of the developers. And good to see you stick by ensuring this adhere to standards. This is the only way to ensure a quality product.
So I say praise yourselves - you all deserve it.
Australia, New Zealand and sometimes elsewhere.