Pixelpost.org is proud to announce v1.5 beta
keep in mind this is a beta, so you are upgrading your main blog at your own risk. This release is published for public testing reasons, we need the feedback.
The software is only packaged with the Simple template for now, the final release will have some suprises
All bugs should be posted here:
title your threads "1.5beta1 - thread title" please. So we can better organize what needs to be and has been fixed for future releases.
Changelog from Version 1.4 to Version 1.5 BETA
the big changes:
+ Admin/index.php is split into thematic include-files (new_image.php, categories.php etc.)
+ Admin Interface is completely language driven
+ more options to fight SPAM
+ Addons area can also have new pages and customized functionality with addons
+ Fixed version 1.4.x problems with PHP 5 and MySQL 5
- Admin Area:
- now complete ADMIN area is language-file driven as well
fix text is converted into variables
admin-language-files are set like this:
- if admin-lang-XXX.php exist, when lang-XXX.php is choosen, this admin-language-file
- if this admin-lang-XXX.php does not exist, admin-lang-english.php is activated
- if admin-lang-english.php does not exist, error message is printed out
- Admin/Options/General: only one UPDATE button for all options
- external links from Admin-section will open in new window
- more information in GENERAL INFO section:
added info about file_uploads setting
added info about PP installation URL
added CHMOD info about image and thumb dirs
- image path is ../images/ by default
- new image can be posted to EXIF-date of the image
- time stamps ON/OFF switch added
- Image posting:
- - added info with current time
- - if EXIF is not available post to EXIF Date will post the current time
- - added opening MARKDOWN links in new window
- - "edit link" added after uploading image for fast editing
- - 12cropImage is now compatible with php5
- - default category is selected only when user is iside the new_image (upload new image) page.
- images edit:
- now categories can be assigned or unassigned to selected images (more than one)
- images can be re-uploaded
- preview-option (especially for posting into future)
- all <img> in the comments page now have alt atribute
- bigger input fields for image-description
- when image is deleted, the comments of that image will be deleted as well
- comments: new: comment moderation + batch operations on comments
- delete selected comments
- publish selected comments
- view moderation queue
- add to moderation queue
- Report comment as SPAM
- edit the comment text
- redirection to comment after entering comment automatically
- changed email-handling: no email is sent, if no comment is inserted to DB
error massage is visible after unsuccessful adding adding of comment
- added commenter URL to HTML notify
- now people can delete/moderate comments with compare to the black/moderation list
- if no http:// or https://, the comment-url will not be echoed
- only one email-adress can be entered in comment-form
- new template: "simple"
- all links to referer template are taken off, because Referer-List is not supported anymore
- a descriptive splash page (splash_page.html) will show up in case the server/photoblog is not functioning well
- corrected atom-url for autodetect
- RSS and ATOM Feed working / validating with apostrophes and special characters
- beside <ATOM_AUTODETECT>, which created the "href-part" of the autodetection-link in the
header-section of image_template.html, we have now 2 new AUTODETECT-Tags:
for RSS + Atom, implemented in the templates which come with Pixelpost
(<ATOM_AUTODETECT_LINK> + <RSS_AUTODETECT_LINK>
just include the following in the header of your image_template.html:
<!-- Link for ATOM feed autodiscovery -->
<!-- Link for RSS feed autodiscovery -->
- Security / SPAM :
- no hijacking of the script possible
- index.php shows 404-message when image number is not numeric or "x=ref" is called
no "index.php?x=foo" can be passed to a pixelpost photoblog unless "foo" is a valid argument
- "Fight Spam" added to options
Moderation and black list for comments + referer ban list for referers
added spam report to admin >> comments page.
People can report spams and log their IPs in both black list and referer banned list
- comment spam moderation and ban list is added.
- Fight against Referer-SPAM:
- Admin / General Info shows the most referers of last 7days in the Options >> Fight Spam
This will make finding bad IPs easy to add them to the ban list.
- .htaccess code generation for preventing ref spams from hitting Pixelpost's webistes is added.
- comment spam security hole is fixed.
Noone can send spams with use of pixelpost comment form.
only one email-adress can be entered in comment-form
- visitors booking can turned OFF/ON
- admin_ping.php allows to ping RPC services for automatic pinging
the pinglist can be expanded or edited by the Admin
- new tags and more:
<SITE_URL> will show the complete URL of the site
<BASE_HREF>, set in the header of a template, allows to set all links relative to the Site-URI
- splash page is added to the template directory
- Admin-addons are introduced.
- - You can have costumize admin section with additional addons.
- - Admin area can have new pages with costum functionalities.
- existing AddOns can be switched on/off by the admin
- page archive tags are listed in the addons page
- CopyFolder AddOn now can publish using exif capture date
- - upload sorted files according to their exif info or their filename.
- - the date of the posts is set as the actual date, if not set to use the exif date
- - supports clean url
- - added one second sleep before each post
- - can set multi categories at upload
- first steps to clear URL support (next and prev datetime variables)
- options now have a workspace. People can write addons that adds submenu to options page!
- updated paths - should work with <base href=..>
- avoiding maximum execution time reached in thumb generation!
- categories_as_list now a function inside functions.php
- lists categories as a table, included from includes/admin_category_table_as_list.inc.php
- some variables re-defined
- login mechanism using sessions
- small SQL optimisation
- PixelPost is compatible with PHP 5.0
- Install will prompt that it will create addons table
- no buttons / icons are packed to the release anymore
many minor changes + bugfixes :
- fixed a bug that prevent deleting the comments with banned words
or refs with names in the banned list
- bugfix for comment save
- corrected the information about creating thumbnails
- corrected typos
- admin_index.css extended and corrected
- added the "category-title" to all Admin-sections
- fixed title encoding problems in image section preview at admin panel
- fixed warnings problem in new addons "installation" function
- corrected wrong select-value for year 2009 (posting possible from 2002 to 2009)
- \\N to \\n
- MJS code formated in a cool way
- exposure time of 350d was not showing for images on images with shutter time more than 1s
- cleared CSS and HTML in templates
- updated the version of markdown to Version 1.0.1c - Fri 9 Dec 2005
peace, love, and happy photoblogging
- Team Pixelpost